- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 pound boneless rib-eye beef roast
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Wasabi Cream Sauce (see below)
- Cut 1-inch slits in beef roast for each slice of garlic; insert garlic slices.
- Place roast on a rack in roasting pan. Rub roast with oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roast beef 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 145°F.
- Carefully move roast to carving board. Place aluminum foil loosely over roast; let rest 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Wasabi Cream Sauce (see below)
Wasabi Cream Sauce: Ingredients
- 1 can (1 oz.) wasabi powder (1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon)
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pkg. (.75 oz.) fresh chives, cut in 2″ pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Wasabi Cream Sauce: Directions
- Stir wasabi powder and rice vinegar together in a small bowl until blended; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place garlic in food processor bowl and pulse until minced.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, salt, pepper and wasabi paste. Puree until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you prefer a more traditional horseradish sauce with roast beef, substitute 1/4 cup grated horseradish for the wasabi.