Chef Robyn Quist shares her culinary genius for the perfect date night meal featuring Wagyu Filet Mignon with Whiskey Cream Sauce served with Asparagus with Lemon, Butter & Parmesan on the side.
You can see exactly how Chef Robyn does it in the following video!
For the Steaks:
- 2 Wagyu Beef Filet Mignon Steaks (5-6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil
For the Whiskey Cream Sauce:
- 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2-ounce Whiskey (Jim Beam works well!)
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Bring filets to room temperature
- On a plate, combine the pepper and rosemary
- Salt both sides of filets, then press one side into pepper/rosemary mixture to form a crust.
- In a very hot, heavy skillet (cast-iron works best) add a little olive oil (this will keep the butter from burning) and butter (for flavor).
- Sear filets until desired doneness is reached – about 3 minutes on a side for large filets to reach medium rare.
- Remove filets and wrap in aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. This will allow time for the juices to redistribute back into the meat instead of on your plate.
- While the filets are resting, prepare the sauce. Start by combining broth and pepper in skillet. Reduce to half.
- Add whiskey, cream and mustard; reduce to desired amount.
- Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Allow to cool slightly to thicken.
- Serve steaks whole or slice thinly and top with sauce.
Asparagus with Lemon, Butter & Parmesan
- 2 bunches Asparagus
- 1 Lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Rinse 2 bunches of Asparagus and break off the ends.
- Place asparagus in a large baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper
- Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon over the asparagus. Line the top third of the asparagus with lemon slices from the other half of our lemon (one slice per serving)
- Tuck slices of butter under each slice of lemon
- Sprinkle parmesan on asparagus below the lemon slices (in the center of the asparagus)
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender