Chef Robyn Quist shares her culinary genius for the perfect date night meal featuring Wagyu Filet Mignon with Whiskey Cream Sauce served with Asparagus with Lemon, Butter & Parmesan on the side.
For the Steaks:
- 2 Wagyu Beef Filet Mignon Steaks (5-6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil
For the Whiskey Cream Sauce:
- 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2-ounce Whiskey (Jim Beam works well!)
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Bring filets to room temperature
- On a plate, combine the pepper and rosemary
- Salt both sides of filets, then press one side into pepper/rosemary mixture to form a crust.
- In a very hot, heavy skillet (cast-iron works best) add a little olive oil (this will keep the butter from burning) and butter (for flavor).
- Sear filets until desired doneness is reached – about 3 minutes on a side for large filets to reach medium rare.
- Remove filets and wrap in aluminum foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. This will allow time for the juices to redistribute back into the meat instead of on your plate.
- While the filets are resting, prepare the sauce. Start by combining broth and pepper in skillet. Reduce to half.
- Add whiskey, cream and mustard; reduce to desired amount.
- Remove from heat and swirl in butter. Allow to cool slightly to thicken.
- Serve steaks whole or slice thinly and top with sauce.
Wagyu Filets are delicious served with the following recipe for Asparagus with Lemon, Butter & Parmesan (see recipe below/attached).
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
Keywords: wagyu beef, wagyu filets