This decadent, delicious appetizer will impress your guests and their tastebuds! The Wagyu Tri Tip is tender and buttery and is perfectly complimented by the crunch of the crostini and creamy Gorgonzola Sauce.
For the Steak:
- 1 lb. Wagyu Beef Tri Tip Steak
- ½ cup Bourbon
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the Caramelized Onions:
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 large Onions, thinly sliced
For the Gorgonzola Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
For the Crostini:
- 1 French Baguette
- 2 tablespoon Chives, minced
- In a large baggie, combine the bourbon, brown sugar, garlic cloves, black pepper, and salt. Add the steaks, turn once, cover and marinate for 30-60 minutes. Do not leave the steaks in the marinade any longer than that.
- When you are ready to make the crostini heat the grill, grill pan or cast-iron pan to medium high heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the baguette into 1-inch slices (fairly thin). Toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter for the caramelized onions over medium heat. Add the sugar and onions and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the steak on the grill or pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees. Remove from heat, wrap and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steaks are cooking, melt the butter for the gorgonzola sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves, milk, crumbled gorgonzola, and pepper. Stir occasionally until the blue cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- When ready to make the crostini thinly slice the steaks.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of gorgonzola sauce over each crostini. Place 1 slice of beef on top of the gorgonzola sauce and top with several caramelized onions. Sprinkle with chives.
- Serve immediately to friends and family!
Keywords: wagyu beef, tri tip, steak, recipe