Teres Major is as tender of Filet Mignon but with the flavor of Ribeye and Chef Robyn shares how to use it to make an easy, affordable and very special Wagyu meal
- 10–12 ounces of Wagyu Beef Teres Major Steak
- Coarse Salt
- Fresh Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1 large Shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon Flour
- 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 3/4 cup Dry Red Wine
- Fresh Thyme for Garnish
- Season steaks with Salt & Black Pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet, melt 1 tbsp of Butter over Medium-High heat
- Add the Teres Major and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness
- Remove the steaks from pan and wrap in foil to rest and keep warm
- Add remaining 2 tbsp. Butter to skillet, and when melted, add Mushrooms and Shallots.
- Sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle the sugar over the mixture, and cook until deep brown, a few minutes longer
- Add Vinegar, Garlic, Herbs, and Flour and stir one minute, until liquid is absorbed.
- Add Broth and Wine, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until liquid is thickened and reduced to about 1/2 cup
- Place steaks on cutting board and slice into medallions. Place on dinner plates and spoon sauce over them.
- Garnish with Fresh Thyme & Enjoy!